Monday, November 26, 2012

STEP 2: RESEARCH

So now that I've swallowed the pill of having this condition, it's time to find out what is available in terms of treatment and long term care.

So far no effect with the botox, which I'm actually happy about as I've realized this is not the route I want to go. This simply addresses the symptoms. The idea of killing nerves in my arm and hand is too risky. I was looking to get better as fast as possible. This will now be a last resort after all other options have been exhausted.

Fortunately not all the rest of the world is obligated to think within the same box. Europe and Spain in particular have much more comprehensive research, views and approaches to the condition known as musician's focal dystonia.

Here are two places I'm looking into for immediate treatment in Spain:

Dr Joaquin Farias, Sevilla

Institut de l'Art, Terrassa near Barcelona


Another resource with lots of info including some of the doctors mentioned above and patient testimony.

A rock guitarist in Argentina who cured himself with the help of others:


Guitarist David Leisner, who also cured himself:


I'm sharing this as it is a working journal for my research as well as to provide info for any guitarists who are suffering from this condition and need another place to look.

If you feel compelled in anyway to look further into this for us guitarists, please feel free to email me your thoughts at eric@flamencoseattle.com

Abrazos-  E




No comments: